I have recently gotten into wearing rompers a lot. While I like the femininity of dresses, I’m always more comfortable in shorts, so rompers are a great compromise. Out of all the ones I’ve found lately, this one is the most comfortable. The material makes it feel like I’m wearing a t-shirt! It’s easy to just throw on, pair with some cute sandals, and be ready for your day. Oh, and did I mention that it has pockets?
I’m pretty pale naturally, but I like to have a little color to my skin. I’ve always had issues with using self-tanners and having it come out splotchy and I hate the thought of spending hours in the sun and not seeing much of a change in my skin color. I’ve been experimenting with different ways of applying self tanner and I started using one I love so far. These are a few tips that work for me:
- Find the best type for you. Whether that’s a foam, lotion, spray, or gel, not every single product will work for everyone. Some, you have to apply every day and some you can apply once a week and be done. I recently discovered gel self-tanners and prefer the gel to others I’ve tried. In my experience, they smell better, dry really fast, and apply a lot smoother. I started using L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Gelee and I absolutely love it and highly recommend it for girls who are very fair like myself.
- Exfoliate. This is probably a given, but always remember to exfoliate, especially elbows and knees. Sometimes, you don’t realize how much dead skin is there, so even if you don’t see it, exfoliate anyway.
- Moisturize your hands, feet, elbows, knees, and ankles before applying. It really makes a huge difference in how the color applies. *The most important tip I’ve figured out is that while the moisturizer is still greasy on your skin, apply the self tanner to the difficult areas like your hands and feet and rub it in really well. It goes on much more evenly and doesn’t get splotchy where it normally would. If you’re very fair skinned, you know what I mean.
Normally, I’m all about denim shorts for hotter weather, but recently I’ve discovered how much more comfortable cotton shorts are. I’m seeing them in tons of colors and patterns and I love the style. These are especially cute because of the pom pom details. Pairing them with a plain tank top (this one is so comfortable!) is all you really need to do because they really make the outfit without much effort at all. Plus, they can be dressed up or down.
Each summer season, I like to have two different swimsuits on hand. I need a cute one with a fun design, color, or pattern to wear to go swimming in. I like to choose bottoms that are comfy. I chose these pink ones because the sides are stretchy and soft. Especially if I’m going to a pool party or something where I want to wear something cute. For tanning, I wear a bandeau that hooks in the back so I have minimal tan lines and can unhook it to tan my entire back. I also like to wear hipster bikini bottoms so I tan as much of my stomach and legs as possible.
Summer is around the corner and I wear tee-shirts as my daily uniform at that time of year. There are endless ways to dress them up or down and I love having a variety of necklines, colors, and patterns. It’s the perfect way to stay comfy and cool in hot Texas weather.
I’ve been wanting to make something cute for Easter to sit in my room. My mom used to be a florist and she’s still great with any kind of floral arrangement. So, I can’t take the credit for this. But it turned out really cute! Plus, it’s very easy to make, so if you’re needing some last-minute Easter decorations, this would be perfect!
What you need:
Glass vase (I got this one at Target for $3)
Large flowers and filler flowers (Hobby Lobby)
Easter bunny (Hobby Lobby)
In honor of International Day of Happiness, I thought I would share some things that bring joy to my life.
- My dogs. There really is no better feeling than that of unconditional love. They go through what I go through. I’m not ashamed to say that I have sobbed into my chocolate lab’s furry neck from time to time. Dogs are there not to offer words of wisdom, but silent comfort in good times and bad.
- Chocolate. I reward myself with chocolate every night (and usually in the afternoon and shamefully, most mornings too).
- Morning coffee. There aren’t many mornings I get to wake up and relax before starting my day at work or school. But my favorite mornings are the ones where I can enjoy myself a little. Starting my day off relaxed and not rushed always makes my days better.
- Alone time. Stress has a way of wearing me out to a point where I can’t always enjoy myself when I’m around other people. When I’m stressed my favorite nights are the ones I spend binge-watching Friends in bed with a cozy blanket and maybe a glass of wine.
- Friends. I’m lucky enough to have different groups of friends. Work friends, school friends, and old friends. I have a unique type of friendship with them all and I’m so grateful for that.
Since it’s my last semester in college, I’m lucky enough to not have any 8 A.M. classes. Unfortunately, as a barista, I still have to get up very early sometimes. I usually give myself 25 minutes to get ready. That means I have about 10 minutes to do my makeup. I’m not one for contouring or highlighting (too fancy for me), especially when I’m not awake enough to even have breakfast. So, this is the makeup I wear when I’m in a hurry. It’s simple and natural, which is perfect for people like me.
- Foundation: give yourself a flawless base. I think the most important thing about quick makeup is to make your face look brighter and more awake. I use Revlon Colorstay foundation and then buff in a loose powder to set my foundation. I like to use a powder with a little shimmer to it because I think it adds just enough shine so you don’t necessarily need to highlight.
- Blush: add color to your face. I used to never add blush because I didn’t think it was necessary, but when I decided to try it, I never went back. I always use a bright pink and just add it to the apples of my cheeks, giving my face the perfect added color.
- Mascara: thick lashes (so I don’t need eyeliner). I use Covergirl Super Thick Lash. For me, eyeliner is time-consuming, so I like to make my lashes as fluffy as possible so I don’t need the extra liner step.
- A neutral shadow: I like to add a shimmery champagne colored shadow like Ulta Bermuda Sand to my lids to make my lashes look even darker and really stand out.
I’ve teamed up with Crane and Canopy, a bedding brand, for National Sleep Awareness Week. Everywhere around the world, people are busy. Unfortunately, because of that, many people don’t get a sufficient amount of sleep each night.
Sleep is one of the most important things in my life. If I don’t have enough, I can’t function properly. I burn out easily and my days just aren’t very productive. But when I do get enough sleep I feel great. I wake up refreshed and ready for my day. And my day ends up being more productive. Of course, it takes a few things to get the great night’s sleep I need.
- Soft, comfy jammies. I know a lot of girls who just sleep in an old tee shirt and sweatpants, but I like to wear jammies made of comfortable material I can curl up in.
- A soft blanket or throw. I always sleep with an extra blanket because I get really cold at night. It always helps me to sleep all the way through the night without waking up shivering.
- Fluffy, warm socks. I hate having cold feet when I get in bed. It’s the worst feeling to me. But if my feet are warm, I can immediately feel more relaxed.
- A fun, light read. I enjoy reading for 15-30 minutes every night before bed. I like to read something that will put me in a good mood and leave me with happy thoughts.
- A notebook. Whether I’m stressing about something or just need to make a list of things to do tomorrow, I like to write down whatever is keeping me awake. It puts my mind at ease and helps me feel like I can unwind.
While all of these things help me have a better night’s sleep, having great bedding is extremely important. It needs to be soft, comfortable, and of course, pretty! I’ve chosen a few styles from Crane and Canopy that I personally love!
So I’d love to know, what are some ways you get your beauty sleep? Do you read a good book before bed? Curl up in a toasty blanket? Cuddle with your pups?